Permanent - Full Time (35-40)
Closing date: 27th May 2022
Salary: 9.75 per hourApply
Salary: £9.50 per hour
Hotel: Royal and Fortescue
Hours per week: 35-40
Deadline to apply: 30/05/2022
As a Kitchen Porter you will assist the Kitchen team in the running and efficiency of the kitchen by ensuring the cleanliness of work stations and equipment throughout the kitchen environment. Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in North Devon
What will I be doing?
As a Kitchen Porter at the Royal and Fortescue, you will be responsible for the cleanliness and high level of hygiene of the kitchen. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Adhere to the cleaning schedule, cleaning floors and walls regularly and efficiently.
- Responsible for the cleaning and drying of crockery, cutlery, trays, sinks, food mixers, fridges, freezers, posts, pans, grills, fryers, stoves, extractor hoods and worktops.
- Ensure machines are in good working order, reporting issues as soon as they arise.
- Ensure deliveries are stored in the correct locations whilst in a timely manner.
- Dispose of food waste in the correct manner.
- Understand and comply with company policy on HASAWA, fire precautions, legal requirements, and perform any other tasks that may be required from time to time.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as Kitchen Porter at the Royal and Fortescue, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
Although previous experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
What’s in it for me?
There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!