Weekend Housekeeping Staff
Permanent - Part Time (10)
Closing date: 27th May 2022
Salary: £7.50 - £9.50Apply
The Royal and Fortescue Hotel is a busy town centre site in Barnstaple. As part of the Brend Group the hotel is renowned for exceptional standards and fantastic customer service.
We are currently recruiting for weekend housekeeping staff to join our existing, established team.
Salary: £9.50 depending on experience
Hotel: Royal and Fortescue
Hours per week: 10-12
As a Housekeeper you will be responsible for maintaining high levels of cleanliness across all areas of the hotel, as well as excellent customer service. Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. Flexible working is available with various shifts including early mornings and weekends. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in North Devon.
What will I be doing?
As a Housekeeper at the Royal and Fortescue, you are responsible for cleaning guest bedrooms, bathrooms and all public areas to a high standard, communicating with other departments, working effectively within a team or on your own as well as achieving departmental targets. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
● Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness in all hotel bedrooms, bathrooms and public areas
● Ensure thorough reporting of any maintenance issues
● Friendly and professional customer service when dealing with customers
● Ensure all equipment is in good working order and report any concerns
● Understand and comply with company policy on HASAWA, fire precautions, legal requirements, and perform any other tasks that may be required from time to time.
● Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
● Ensuring the correct use of cleaning chemicals and equipment
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as Housekeeper at the Royal and Fortescue, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
● Positive attitude and willingness to learn
● Good communication skills
● Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
● A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements.
● Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
● Ability to work on your own or in a team Brend Hotels:
Although previous experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
What’s in it for me?
There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company. What is it like to work for Brend Hotels? Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!