Permanent - Full Time (40)
Closing date: 30th June 2022
Salary: 10.50 per hourApply
The Royal and Fortescue Hotel is a busy site in the centre of Barnstaple. As part of the Brend Group , the hotel is renowned for exceptional standards and fantastic customer service.
We are currently recruiting for a Night Manager to take responsibility for the site overnight.
Salary: £10.00 - £10.50 per hour
Hotel: The Royal and Fortescue
Deadline to apply: 30/04/2022
Hours per week: 40
As a Night Porter/ Manager you will be responsible for the hotel safety including extensive security and lock checks, provide room service to all guests and internal and external guests.
Work for Brend Hotels and receive competitive pay, opportunities for progression, share of staff tips, staff discounts at Brend Hotels and paid holidays. This is a great opportunity to work for a successful local company in North Devon.
What will I be doing?
As a Night Porter/Manager at the Fortescue Hotel you are responsible for ensuring hotel safety including extensive security checks, cleaning public areas and catering to any guests needs throughout your shift. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Extensive Health & Safety checks including all internal and external doors and windows are locked, keeping intruders out, noting any strange activities, and regular patrols of the hotel grounds.
- Deal with internal and external calls in an expeditious manner, recording and passing on messages
- Provide room service including food and beverages to all guests
- Provide check-in and check out service
- Deliver newspapers to all rooms and any other departmental tasks
- Friendly and professional customer service when dealing with customers
- Understand and comply with company policy on HASAWA, fire precautions, legal requirements, and perform any other tasks that may be required from time to time.
- Prepare Front of House area for the following day
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role as Night Porter/Manager at the Fortescue Hotel, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering high levels of customer service
- A neat and tidy appearance (hair and fingernails) and adherence to uniform requirements.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work on your own
- Responsible nature and happy to work alone
Although previous experience would be beneficial, it is not essential as full training will be provided.
What’s in it for me?
There’s plenty of perks when it comes to joining the Brend Hotels team which include competitive rates of pay, paid holidays, and a share of staff tips. Could be eligible for live-in accommodation in [area]. You’ll also receive discounts when dining at any Brend Hotels establishment as well as reduced accommodation rates. Brend Hotels are very proud of their wonderful staff and do all they can to develop them, offering support and training throughout their career as well as offering genuine opportunities for career progression within a successful local company.
What is it like to work for Brend Hotels?
Brend Hotels is a family-run company that has been a leader in West Country hospitality for over fifty years. We have a passion for excellence and we pour our hearts and souls into making sure we exceed customer expectations time and time again. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!